The clear way to beautiful, straight teeth.
Invisalign Aligners are a new type of ‘invisible brace’ which are perfect for older children, teenagers and adults looking for a highly discreet and quick way to straighten their teeth. This innovative system incorporates a series of custom-made clear plastic aligners. These aligners are made from thin, clear, medical grade plastic which is extremely strong, durable and hygienic.
Fittingly directly onto the surface of your teeth the aligners are virtually invisible, in fact it’s highly unlikely anyone will even notice- unless you point out you are wearing them.
Making use of cutting edge technology, each aligner is individually designed and manufactured in advance especially for you. Each one works by applying a controlled amount of force to your teeth moving them gradually to the desired position. You will wear each aligner in turn over two weekly periods slowly straightening your teeth in an effective and comfortable way.
Suitable for use on the top and bottom teeth, Invisalign can be used for a range issues- mild to complex. Whether you are looking to simply ‘tidy up’ your front teeth or want to improve severe overbites/under bites, gaps overcrowding and misalignments then Invisalign could be the answer you are looking for.
The advantages of the Invisalign system:
- You treatment is predictable and can be planned in advance. By using the innovative 3D Clincheck technology we can accurately predict the length of treatment. We can also show you a plan on screen so you can see how your teeth are expected to move and what they will look like following treatment.
- Invisalign aligners can actually improve your oral health:
- Aligners are made in advance resulting in shorter, less frequent and more hygienic appointment times.
- There are no metal brackets or wires meaning they are perfect for those with allergies.
- Aligners are more comfortable as there are no brackets or wires to rub lips and cheeks.
- Your aligners will be custom made for you in advance so can be fitted quickly and easily. Check-up appointments are quicker and more hygienic.
- The impact on your daily life is minimal. Aligners can be easily removed. You can eat and drink as normal, clean your teeth with no trouble and remove your aligners for special occasions if required.
- Aligners are invisible so unless you point them out no-one will even notice. Carry on with your life as normal. Smile and talk to others with confidence.
The stages of Invisalign treatment:
- We will give your teeth a thorough check over to make sure they are all healthy and that Invisalign is right for you.
- Impressions of your teeth will be taken and used to manufacture your set of aligners.
- We can create a detailed treatment plan on the virtual 3D treatment plan Clincheck ®. See the series of movements your teeth are predicted to make and how they will look following treatment.
- You will receive your set of custom made aligners which will need to be worn in turn for 2 weekly increments.
- You will be required to attend regular check-ups (every couple of months) so that we can check the movement of your teeth and make sure that you are comfortable.
How long will my Invisalign treatment take?
The length of treatment differs on a case by case basis. It can range anywhere from 3 months to 2 years.
Do I need to wear a retainer?
It is always advised that you were a retainer for a period of time following any orthodontic treatment. This will help to stop your teeth reverting to their original positions- as they can do.
All patients will be supplied with a set of retainers- each made from the same strong plastic as your aligners. You will receive three to help ensure they stay fresh, clean and hygienic as you use them in the future.
Do Invisalign aligners hurt?
Invisalign is no more uncomfortable than any other straightening treatment. They can all occasionally cause discomfort- particularly at the start of a new stage in your treatment (for example when wires are tightened or when new aligners are fitted). Standard painkillers should help to relieve any pain.
The aligners are generally more comfortable to wear on a day to day basis as there is no metal to rub on the inside of your mouth. For this reason they are also ideal for patients with metal allergies.
The Invisalign system teeth moves teeth slowly and gently giving less potential for damage to the teeth and roots.