An early education with regard to oral healthcare is imperative in helping our children to maintain healthy teeth and gums into adulthood.
By equipping them with the knowledge about a healthy diet and a good understanding of the responsibility for their own oral care we really can help to prevent future problems- ensuring that they maintain a natural and healthy smile today and in the future.
We can provide the following services for the younger members of your family:
- Regular scale and polish with the hygienist to protect against gum disease.
- To monitor and make use of screening procedures to ensure that tooth, gum and jaw development is correct.
- To apply varnish and sealants to protect teeth as required.
- To provide radiographs/ X-rays where required.
- To restore any cavities with minor fillings
- The placement of crowns where necessary
- To perform root canal treatment on deciduous (milk) teeth as required
- Advice you on the requirement for orthodontic treatment as the teeth and mouth develop. This would normally start between 9 and 14 years of age.
How you can help to protect your child’s teeth:
- Register your baby with a dentist as early as possible and bring them for regular dental check-ups as soon as first teeth appear (or from around 6 months old)
- When they are old enough encourage your child to brush their teeth so that it becomes a regular part of their day. There will require supervision until they are at least 7 years old.
- Ensure your child visits the dentist and hygienist at least once a year (or as often as recommended).
- Be aware of your child’s diet. Avoid too much sugar by limiting sweets and fizzy drinks. Remember that sugar can be found in drinks like juice and squash too.
At Dentist@6 we would be very pleased to help you teach the younger members of your family about the importance of their oral health. We aim to make visits fun yet informative so that they can build a positive perception about the Dentist. We strive to educate and inform children on the best ways in which they can keep a healthy mouth- helping them to smile confidently today and in the future.
And to make it more memorable a fun treat bag for our tiny tots if they have kept on top of their oral health.